Since my last post earlier in the month, this month has gone into a blur were I’ve been on the go non stop and I’m ready to just hide under the covers until I fly out tomorrow morning. Here are just some of the things I did this month that I would have wrote about if I had the energy / time to.
- I’ve worked at a two craftfairs with the charity I help out. We sell at two of the three well known BC craftfairs and now a lot of the Vendors, who do both of them know me. Just cause I keep getting new stuff from them yearly.
- Purchased a dress from my favourite store lilikoi clothing and I’m not a dress person at all.
- I fianlly met VancityAllie at her amazing two in one party (birthday/housewarming).
- After nine months of renos, trying to find a free weekend around Dragon Boat …. We finally had our housewarming (16 months after we moved in)
- My dragon boat club was having a fundraiser at a WHL Hockey game, for most of us that was our first time at a hockey game ever. I’ve been to games that my friends played in but never at this level.
Now for today’s post..
Since everyone has taken the new skytrain (like a subway) system but for me, I thought why not use it then when I head to the airport tomorrow morning as I use to jump onto transit and get the airport with no problem. Now that I live 45 minutes away (by car) taking transit would take over two hours to get to the airport which I was willing to do however, I was not willing to leave my place by 11pm Monday night to get there at 1am Tuesday Morning for an 8:30am flight. No thanks! Why should I be hanging around there when the restaurants or even customs are closed down for the night? I even looked at airport shuttles a nice door to door service but $40 bucks on top of $900 (after taxes) for a plane ticket(s) is, extra money I don’t have at this time of year.
Thankfully my mom offered me a ride in, I just owe her a coffee in the morning. Which also means I can sleep in my bed instead on a public seat (transit/airport) cause who knows when they were last cleaned/cleaned well.
My relaxful day planned turned into running around doing a few more things that I didn’t expect to do today. But I never got a chance to pick up travel insurance last week like I wanted to.
Guess I should do that now, so I have the rest of the day to relax and pack for snowy weather.